Everything that could go wrong, did. I undercooked the gingerbread, I overcooked the gingerbread, I made too much icing, I made too little icing, I cut the wrong shapes, I used the wrong pieces… I tell you, disaster! Out of about 6 batches of gingerbread, I got two houses. That’s not an impressive ratio! We had a LOT of gingerbread left over to chomp on. It was yummy though. :)
Anyway, here they are. You may notice that the roof of the larger one is sagging, whoops! I covered it in Smarties to make up for it. :) That one was a present for our lovely friends M&J.
The gingerbread recipe that I used is the same as the gingerbread cookies I made last month, and you can find it here. :)